Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Steak fajitas

This is a simple, quick, and healthy meal. Steak fajitas! Sorry I didnt take a whole lot of photos but you get the idea :) serves 4

For this you will need:
1 lb of beef ( I like sirloin or new york or really any steak that would be good to grill)
Assortment of bell peppers (stem and seeds removed) thinnly cut. I used:
1 green bell pepper
1 red bell pepper
1/2 orange bell pepper
You can add in thin slices of onion, I didnt cause the hubby doesnt like them.
1/3 cup Sliced mushrooms

In a frying pan heat 1 tablespoons of vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add beef. Sprinkle seasonings of salt, (I did some onion powder which I would omit if you are going to add actual onions :) lawrys seasoned salt (same one I used for the previous recipe- awesome chili), and any other spices you would like to add. Then once the meat has browned on all sides -took about 10 mins- then put in the veggies! Sprinkle again with seasonings. Stir and toss until bell peppers are tender -about 10 mins. Taste a pepper to make sure the seasoning is where you would like it.

Then serve with salsa, cheese and your choice of tortillas.

I personally make my own. I follow this super duper easy and delicious (no lard included) recipe found at:

http://thecafesucrefarine.com/2013/08/best-ever-homemade-flour-tortillas/

Enjoy! Sooo yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment